Put it on the glass.
thanks for fixing that, it's just a ripoff of your Tufts template. looks much better now, so thanks.--Alhutch 13:42, 16 February 2006 (PST)
Look much better now. I'd still make the sidebar bigger if I were you (8pt is annoying to read, and you still have plenty of space) but it's your site - good luck with everything! Xinoph 14:25, 21 February 2006 (PST)
I try. :-) Xinoph 14:20, 7 March 2006 (EST)
--DNL 12:54, 26 March 2006 (EST)
Thank you for your compliments re:
My contributions on soccer-related articles. I'm not quite finished yet, so there's going to be some more yet. I hope you enjoy reading my mindspillages as much as I enjoy writing them. Bobo 19:10, 4 May 2006 (EST)
Recaps & Previews
If we're doing recaps as a special page, it would be nice to do series previews as a special page as well; there have been a bunch of those lately, from myself and others. Xinoph 18:30, 18 May 2006 (EST)
- Maybe for the preview we could have the teams in the title (home and away entered in) and have some way to automatically grab their records, so that appears in the article title to? Or give people a field in which to enter the records? Also, a guideline page on writing preview articles should be around - I can do that.
Xinoph 14:07, 20 May 2006 (EST)
- Not to be too critical, but if you're going to do recaps, I don't think one-liners like New York Yankees 5 New York Mets 4 (May 21, 2006) aren't extraordinarily helpful - though I do appreciate the inclusion of the score in the title! Cheers, *Xinoph 07:01, 21 May 2006 (EST) (Hey, if it was a test, that's cool!)
Just so you know, it's never just "Sox's", from your Sox to Get Crispy article. It's either "The Sox's", "The Red Sox's", or "Boston's". Just a little tip. (Don't worry, I corrected it there) Xinoph 06:26, 20 May 2006 (EST)
sorry, I didn't realise
I just thought it was so terrible in quality as to be considered vandalism. And, he created it as a News, rather than Opinion, article, which was inappropriate. But you're right, no big deal. I left a note on his userpage; I bet he doesn't return, anyway. Xinoph 16:12, 3 June 2006 (EST)
Sorry if I posted a story you were working on as well. - Angels Fan 15:41, 15 June 2006 (EST)
<ListPages> order=New details=hide category=Showdowns count=5 </ListPages>
Can I put this on the main page? Alex Holowczak
- For some reason, the bottom tow boxes suddenly became wider. Could you fix that? How did it happen? (If you could fix the same problem on the Template:England Page Right I'd be grateful!) It happens whenever I edit the England page, and it happened just on the main page. Why? Alex Holowczak
I was thinking that Coreyisarealboy probably deserves to be an admin. He's put in a lot of hard work on the site, and has generally been an upstanding member of the community. His MLB Power Ranking articles are excellent, as just one example.
Xinoph 09:33, 7 July 2006 (EST)
As surprised as I am that Xinoph would nominate me, I'd be thrilled to be an admin. --Corey Kempf 10:57, 7 July 2006 (EST)
Could ArmchairGM have an introduction page to a new user? I.e. something to explain who the most frequent users are, where their areas of speciality are, etc. (This can double up as a welcome message to a new user, to save you visiting every new user's talk page). Do you think it is a good idea? (I'll make a draft shortly, and show you what I mean).
- Yeah, but could it have something like this on it?
Users Bobo and Jemma have been unable to comment. I know they would like to, but do you know why they cannot? I know Jemma used to be able to, but hasn't for a couple of days. I know latterly that the computer is one of the latest models, so should have no problem being able to comment. Can you suggest a way that they can either get around this, or is it a technical fault somewhere along the line, or what? Thanks. Alex Holowczak
- I don't know, but I will find out and get back to you (it may be a day or two). What effect would using different browsers have?
- I am told that when Jemma tries to comment, nothing happens. It just appears to crash, but you can still do other things, as if the "Post Comment" button isn't working.
- Bobo uses Internet Explorer, and when he tries to comment, there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, saying "error on page." Alex Holowczak
- Bobo says it only says the error page, the yellow triangle, saying error on page. Jemma uses Internet Explorer, but nothing happens when he presses "Post Comment". Alex Holowczak
- Jemma has just learned he cannot vote for an article either. Alex Holowczak
Awesome, thanks! You won't have to worry about me abusing my powers. I'd rather not step on any feet. I did have one question, although it's not really related to the admin thing, in "Today's Stuff", how does one add birthdays? --Coreyisarealboy 13:57, 10 July 2006 (EST)
Who changed the Tufts template? I think those are the wrong words - I think it's "rush along" not "rush around" - whatever - I do love the Tufts fight song... --User: Alissa
Hey, thanks for tweaking my Bball3345 Articles template. It looks nice.-Bball3345 12:23, 2 August 2006 (EST)
"I love the 162 game schedule. It gives me something to look forward to most day during the summer. Nothing in my mind is better than listening to a ball game on a nice day, enjoying the sun, and hanging out. Football sunday may be an intense collage of athletic might, but baseball echos the rhythm of life. Sometimes slow and sometimes dramatic." i think you just restored my love of baseball in me. i wrote in that article that you painted a beautiful picture with those words! haha Ufgators
would putting up a youtube video (we will rock you by queen) on my user page violate any terms? since it is usually heard at sporting events, i thought it was pretty fitting...here is the link. Ufgators
Thanks! I appreciate you and the other admins vote of confidence. Glad to be on board. --I am a cpcp 12:13, 15 August 2006 (EST)
- Question: Is this something that should be deleted? moved? left alone? I wasn't sure if something should be done with it.
If you create player pages, remember to put the News and Opinion feeds on their page! --Roblefko 15:45, 28 August 2006 (EST)
Check out my follow up to you --Joshkross 05:22, 1 September 2006 (EST)
Interesting. I'm guessing a lot of the kinks are because its a different database? I'm excited to see it live. Is there a date set yet? I am a cpcp
- First, I didn't see a place for "New Stuff." Which I think is more important than good stuff. Second, I couldn't create a page (logged in or not). Third, the links on the top bar (for different sports) kept changing. Fourth, I didn't see a link on the side for "My Page." I think that's it. I am a cpcp
- I like the idea of the tabs, the page does get long with new and good stuff on top of each other. I am a cpcp
Very sharp. My only question concerns quick links (ie:MLB, NFL, College Hoops, NHL, etc) It seems there are only two or three where the current design has quick links to every sport readily available right on the home page. Otherwise it appears easy enough to navigate and looks really good. When might we see the debut?
- Yeah - the top green links bar has only two sports (it will probably have more when we go live?) Also - Where will "new stuff" be posted? Right now, it's the bottom half of the page - 8 votes and it moves up. Will "new stuff" display straight to the new page the way it does the current one? If readers have to search for "New stuff" a lot of pontentially great pieces may go unnoticed. Also, I will miss the "Recent Changes" link if it's left out. Ever since I became an Admin, that has been my best friend at AGM.
- I like to click the recent changes every half hour or so and scroll through them. It is nice to expand the list to 500 - but not really necessary, I suppose. As long as there is a page where recent changes can be viewed, I would be happy. What about the question in my last message about "New Stuff"? Will it go straight to the new Main Page for all to see, read, and vote on?
- Actually, I do believe that "New Stuff" should go straight to the Main Page. Considering we are a web site that offers amatuer writers to post their stuff, first and foremost, shouldn't their efforts be displayed on the Main Page? If not,I fear some users will stop searching and reading "New Stuff" as much as they do now, resulting in a slight decline in votes which may keep good stuff from ever becoming "Good Stuff" - especially articles on the fringes. I dunno - just my opinion but what do you guys think?
Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I was thinking just recently that I might not stay for much longer but then again my opinions on stuff change all the time. And at least this site is gradually diverting my attention away from Wikipedia! And feel free to edit and/or discuss the articles that I created. Once again, thanks. Pnatt 09:49, 26 September 2006 (EST)
Looks great. Looking forward to playing around with it. Thecrookedcap 11:53, 26 September 2006 (EST)
thanks for sending me the link. i love the top bar that shows mlb, nfl, nba, etc (similar to that of cbssportsline.com). everything looks cool, especially that quote of the day. as iwas telling dnl, it would be kind of cool to have the article with the most votes as a "featured article" on the site. like there are featured articles for the encyclopedia, but i think it would be nice to honor the writer and article by having the article as a featured article. Ufgators
Thanks for sending me the link to the new design (even though you inadvertantly left "UF" at the front of the message...) But it looks good. I presume all of the old wiki and forum stuff will move over when you get around to it? Also, it won't defect the old top user statistics will it? That said, it looks good, certainly an improvement, when can we look forward to seeing it in action? Alex Holowczak 10:54, 27 September 2006 (EST)
- Ok, that's a relief... Do you have a date that you are aiming to finish it by? Alex Holowczak 12:09, 27 September 2006 (EST)
- I'll look forward to it! Alex Holowczak 12:36, 27 September 2006 (EST)
Hey Awrigh01, the site looks *great*, and unlike Alex I know that once you transfer the SQL database all the info transfers with it. Thanks for sending me the link! Sorry I haven't contributed much to the site of late; work has been crazily busy. Hopefully I'll start contributing more frequently with some Pats recaps and other football articles soon. My biggest suggestion on the redesign would be that the top bar - indeed, all your link graphics - have some sort of hover highlight. Those add a lot of ease-of-use to a site, believe it or not. I also might make the "passionate about sports" text bigger. Other than that, it looks great - though I'm sure I'll come up with some more criticisms later. :-) Xinoph 16:26, 29 September 2006 (EST)
- Yeah, the new design is pretty dope. I really like the idea of "featured articles" on the front page, a la Wikipedia. As it stands now, the main page is kind of... blah. The new version looks really good, though. Great work. Thanks for the link! - Davis21wylie 17:57, 29 September 2006 (EST)
Hey, Aaron. Just wondering if you want to vote for the First Ever ArmchairGM Baseball Awards before the voting closes at Noon on Tuesday (10/3).
If so, click HERE to do so.
Thanks, The Shark
Archive your talk page!
It's really long. --DNL 08:23, 5 October 2006 (EST)
Updates for 2006 stats
Hey Aaron - I didn't really know which one of you guys to ask about this so I decided to go in alphabetical order :) When/how do the 2006 stats get added to a players "stat box"? You know - on their player page? The season is over and I have some interest from people I am turning on to our site that wonder why when they click on someone's name in the AGMVC MLB Awards, they can't see this year's stats. A fair question and I have no answer.
F1 on Menu
Thanks! Alex Holowczak 11:32, 10 October 2006 (EST)
Hey, Aaron, I'm supposed to tell you that I miss the old "what links here" feature, and that I wish it'd be incorporated into the redesign. It's not like it's a huge deal or anything, though. Just thought I'd let you know. - Davis21wylie 05:52, 11 October 2006 (EST)
- Thanks for adding it so quickly! - Davis21wylie 06:44, 12 October 2006 (EST)
I cannot see the right half of this page - i.e. in the tables, it stops at the F column. Roblefko has said he can see all of it. Is it just my screen, or is there something else that can be done? (The code is for 120% to allow the fixs & tabs to be on one line). Is it just that my computer cannot see it? Alex Holowczak 04:19, 21 October 2006 (EST)
- Okay, I'll see what it does. Can I also point out that at the top of the window, it says Sports Wiki, Sports Blog, Sports Resource, Sports Commnunity... I think that needs to be spelt right! Alex Holowczak 09:21, 21 October 2006 (EST)
Wouldn't it have made more sense to simply modify Report: BoSox have high bid on Matsuzaka rights to reflect the $42 million price than create a whole new article? With your permission, I'll consolidate the two articles into one - or you can do it, but I think two articles that say basically the same thing isn't efficient.
Xinoph 11:59, 13 November 2006 (EST)
- I updated my original article, complete with moving it to a new title - do what you wish with your article! Xinoph 13:21, 13 November 2006 (EST)
Verlander Article Title
Hey Aaron - any idea why the titles of some articles (Tony Romo & Jessica Simpson…Applesauce & Pigskin, Justin Verlander and Hanley Ramirez Named Rookies of the Year) are not in bold font? I even tried moving one of them, but it didn't help. - Davis21wylie 15:57, 13 November 2006 (EST)
- Ctrl-F5 worked like a charm. Good work to keep the titles from wrapping, by the way. - Davis21wylie 21:34, 13 November 2006 (EST)
I know you mean well, but can I revert the stats to their original size - the columns have all been nudged out. ? Alex Holowczak 10:55, 19 November 2006 (EST)
- Fair enough. At least the top bar is usable - the stats look horridly jumbled if they are smaller, so I figure it's best to make them the right size, and cope with the top bar inconvenience. Alex Holowczak 13:08, 19 November 2006 (EST)
Upadting Baseball Stats
Hey Aaron, is there a way to update Stat boxes on player pages to include the 2006 stats? Now would be a good time to start adding or editing if it's possible. I'll be happy to do so if informed how. --Shark
Happy New Year!
While I personally never understood celebrating the passage of a random unit of time, I understand people like the kissing and the drinking, so Happy New Year! Xinoph 14:08, 31 December 2006 (EST)
Could you help
For some reason the log in isn't linking on my computer. Is there anything you can do?
Thanks for the thumbs up. I have a question, since I'm fiddling with the Player pages for the Indians; what should I do about Jeremey Sowers (That is, the typo-riffic version someone made up of Jeremy Sowers). Is there a way to delete it? It's driving me nuts. --AngelaS 10:49, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
Here's the deal... it's gotta stay refrigerated because it's fire-roasted and I don't have a canning facility in my back yard. So shipping it would add a very minimal risk of food poisoning or botulism... IF you're willing to take the chance...
For the most part, I distribute it second day fresh (it gets better after a couple days than right away) and tell people they have 6 days to eat it (it's probably good for 10-12 days in reality).
I'm gonna make another batch soon and if I can find decent containerage, I Fed Ex some to you and Pean. Send me and e-mail (email@example.com) and let me know if you like it hot or regular! Then when it's ready, I'll let you know and I can ship it out!
P.S. - Smongry is "Smoke Hungry"
Please see this
--Joshkross 06:10, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
I am asking all of my "friends" on this site for a positive vote for my administration bid. Hope that you will comment as well.Erooster 02:23, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
- Check out the Locker Room to vote and comment.Erooster 03:57, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
I was wondering if you could figure out how to get a copy of these videos: http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=page&id=0142. I think that the 'chair (and the CFL interested) could benefit if the users could see these "Hits of the Week". You will only be able to access weeks 1 - 3. I understand that Pean is the one to ask, but as he is unavailable...Erooster 03:04, 21 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks, I tried to set up an article with the video imbeded. Co-written, of course. What did I do wrong? http://www.armchairgm.com/index.php?title=CFL_Serius_%22Hits_of_the_Week%22
Can you read my article the bigs-I-2021 world series and off-season found in new articles section on main page and tell me what you think? Michael Nicobrasi Jr. 21:55, 23 July 2007 (UTC)
Do you guys in NY ever sleep?Erooster 05:34, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
- I was thinking of the line: "I can sleep when I'm dead."Erooster 05:37, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
As i said, im trying to get my friends opinions on my article The Bigs -I- 2021 World Series and Off-Season so could you read it and comment on that page plz? Its found in my articles section on my profile page. Michael Nicobrasi Jr. 18:34, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
Check this out
The shark 00:07, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
I was looking at them. I just wanted to let you know that there are a lot of them that say that they're in progress that are really completed. Thanks.. Romi
With Rob on vacation, I thought that I would contact you. I have been working on the Canadian Interuniversity Sport, the Canadian version of the NCAA. I was just wondering if someone can go back and look at my work. I am afraid that I may have left some dangling pages. Could you check it out, or if not can you recommend someone that can? Thanks.Erooster 06:00, 6 August 2007 (UTC)