Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|<<Back to the This Date in Sports History page|
- Walter Johnson of the Washington Senators won first major league game in victory over the Indians, 7-2.
- Argentine Delfo Cabrera wins the gold medal in the marathon at the Games of the XIV Olympiad held in London, England.
- Jim Clark, from Britain, won his fifth consecutive Grand Prix.
- The agreement between the MLBPA and the team owners ended in a mid-season players’ strike. It was quickly resolve and the season resumed the next day.
- Bill Mazeroski's uniform jersey #9 was officially retired from active service by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Julian Tavarez made his MLB debut for the Cleveland Indians. He started the game, lasting only 3 innings and taking the loss by allowing 5 runs on 6 hits and 3 walks. Cal Ripken greeted him into the league with a home run in a game that the Baltimore Orioles won 8-6.
- Joe Keough of the Oakland Athletics hit a home run in his first at bat in his major league debut.