The Tigers won the Series, 4 games to 3, giving them their second championship, their first since 1935.
- It is the last time to date that the Chicago Cubs have appeared in the Series as of the 2005 season.
- The Curse of the Billy Goat was allegedly placed on the Cubs during this series. Downtown restaurant owner and Cubs fan "Billy Goat" Sianis wished to bring his pet goat into Wrigley Field. Spectators complained and had the man ejected. In response he placed a curse on the Cubs that they would never reach the World Series again.
- Frank Graham jokingly called this Series "the fat men versus the tall men at the office picnic."
- Warren Brown, when asked who he liked, said, "I don't think either one of them can win it."
- The Series is again a 3-4 format due to travel restrictions, even though the major combat of the war has actually ended.
- In an unknowing foreshadowing of their future, the Cubs win two of three in spacious Briggs Stadium but lose three of four in the too-hitter-friendly confines of Wrigley Field.
|Major League Baseball World Series|