Recap of the year 1908 in sports.
- The Chicago Cubs defeat the Detroit Tigers, four games to one, in the 1908 World Series.
- The St. Louis Cardinals set a still standing Major League Baseball record for the fewest runs scored in a season (372).
- September 23 - The Merkle incident
See also 1908 in baseball
- Olympic Games (Men's Competition) in London, Great Britain
- Gold Medal: England
- Silver Medal: Ireland
- Bronze Medal: Scotland / Wales
- Victorian Football League
- Rugby league begins in Australia, with the formation of the New South Wales Rugby League
- First Division - Manchester United win the 1907-08 title.
- FA Cup - Wolverhampton Wanderers beat Newcastle United 3-1.
- 1908 Summer Olympics takes place in London, United Kingdom
- Great Britain wins the most medals (145), and the most gold medals (56).
- December 26 - Jack Johnson becomes the first African American heavyweight boxing champion by defeating Tommy Burns in Sydney, Australia
- February 17 — Red Barber, American baseball announcer, sports journalist (d. 1992)
- May 19 — Percy Williams, Canadian athlete (d. 1982)
- August 20 — Al Lopez, American baseball catcher and manager (d. 2005)
- August 27 — Don Bradman, Australian cricket player (d. 2001)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.